I’ll keep this list short
- Complete IM Lake Placid
- Complete IM North Carolina
- Finish season injury free
- Finish one IM in under 13 hours (yeah, big goal, this is the icing on the cake for the year)
- Complete coaching certification-attending class in April in Myrtle Beach
So, here are my goals that I posted to my blog in Feb and how I did at completing them.
February 18, 2015
1. Complete a marathon (not in misery) – done 1/25/2015 Time: 4:30:17 completed again at MCM on 10/25 in 4:13:21
2. Complete an Olympic distance triathlon – yep, that little oversleeping incident last year means that I haven’t actually finished an Oly. Done: Lake Hartwell Oly June 27th, 2015 2:45:58 and Lake Logan Oly August 9th, 2015 2:49:32
3. Finish NOLA 70.3 April 19th, 2015 in the same time or better than I did Augusta 70.3 2014 – the swim isn’t downstream, so I have some time to make up on the swim, so I’m not looking to necessarily beat it, just want to at least meet it. Done: 5:52:06
4. Complete at least 1 century ride – need to figure out which one to do or do my own wink emoticon frown emoticon Decided to skip this one this year. It never fit in with my race schedule
5. I will be attending Peak Racing Team’s IMFL camp this year in September – I have some work to do before then to prepare for the camp since it is a 140.6 camp…..Camp was cancelled.
6. Attend the Peak Racing Team’s Gaps camp and complete the rides. I am honestly more concerned about completing the rides at this camp than I am about anything else on this list. I don’t know that I’ll be quite ready to do this in March, but we’ll see. DONE! I survived with the help of Peak Racing Team. Big thanks to Alfonso Ahuja for leading me up the last bit of Hog Pen. It was a great camp and confidence boost going into the season.
7. Run a 5K in under 25 minutes – yeah, that’s going to be a challenge. I originally thought 26, but I’ve come pretty close to that in the middle of a half marathon, so if it doesn’t scare you, you’re not setting your goals high enough, right? I have a 5K in March which will be my first in almost 2 years, so it’s time to set a new PR. I’m hoping to be under 26 minutes at it. Done: The ShamRock ‘N Roll 5K in March came in at 24:46, and I placed in my age group.
8. Register for an Ironman for 2016 – the idea of this no longer scares me, which makes me question my sanity. Done: Ummm, yeah, apparently someone should slap me when ideas no longer scare me because I registered for 2 in 2016! Lake Placid and Beach 2 Battleship, guess it’s going to be a busy year.
9. Finish Augusta 70.3 in under 6:05 – um, yeah, not sure if that’s crazy or what. That’s taking just over 20 minutes off my time of 6:25:39 from last year. I’m hoping to take off about 13-15 on the bike, 5-7 on the run, and maybe 1-2 on the swim, so we shall see. Done: Augusta 70.3 2015 was completed in 5:44:41 I added a tad over 1 minute to my swim unsure emoticon, took off over 26 minutes on bike, and over 13 minutes on the run.
10. Finish Raleigh 70.3 in under 6:30 in May 2015. Since this one is only a month after NOLA, no big plans here….just looking to finish. Done: Finished in 6:09:01
11. Finish the Marine Corp Marathon in under 4:15 – This could be hard considering it’s only a month after Augusta, but we’ll see. Done: Longest run going into MCM was 15 miles, so I wasn’t sure if I’d blow up around mile 20, but I finished in 4:13:21 with strong splits in the last half of the marathon.
12. Finish 2015 injury free! DONE!!!!!!